Synthesia.io 2023 Review – Is It The Best AI Video Maker?
Last Updated on January 19, 2023 by Jordan Alexo
If you’re looking for an AI-powered video creation platform that is simple to use and can help you create professional videos at scale, then Synthesia.io is a perfect choice!
Thousands of companies are already using it to make videos 80% faster than before, with no prior video editing skills required. So whether you’re a marketer, salesperson, or just want to create videos for your brand, Synthesia can help.
In this review, we’ll take an in-depth look at all the features that make Synthesia.io the best AI video maker on the market today!
What Is Synthesia.io?
Synthesia.io is a cloud-based video creation platform that uses artificial intelligence to help businesses create videos faster. It requires no prior video editing or production knowledge, and anyone can create a professional video from day one.
You can easily pass your written content into video format in minutes. Making your content more engaging to your audience. These videos may be used for marketing, product demonstrations, customer testimonials, online courses, or other business purposes.
Synthesia offers a wide range of video styles to find the perfect look for your brand. You can also create videos in multiple languages, which is perfect for global organizations.
How Does Synthesia.io Work?
First, select the type of video you want to create from various templates. Then, you provide Synthesia with text, images, or even just an outline of what you want your video to say.
Once you’ve done that, Synthesia’s AI avatars and voices will turn your content into a high-quality video – all in minutes! And because it’s all done with AI, you can be sure that your videos will always look and sound great, no matter how complex the content is.
Not only that, but Synthesia also offers a wide range of customization options to make sure your video is just perfect. You can change the avatar’s skin color, hairstyle, outfit, and more. And if you don’t like the default voice options, you can even upload your audio files!
Who Created Synthesia.io?
Synthesia.io was founded in 2017 by a group of AI researchers and entrepreneurs from UCL, Stanford, TUM, and Cambridge. Namely, four entrepreneurs: CEO and co-founder Victor Riparbelli, CFO and co-founder Steffen Tjerrild, co-founder Lourdes Agapito, and co-founder Steffen Tjerrild.
They aim to allow everyone to create their own ai video content without requiring cameras, microphones, or studios using artificial intelligence.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Synthesia.io?
There are many benefits of using Synthesia.io, but here are just a few:
- You can create videos at scale without needing a video production team.
- Synthesia.io interface is easy to use. You can create a video without being a tech nerd in minutes.
- The AI avatars and voices always look great, so you don’t have to worry about poor-quality videos.
- There are plenty of customization options to ensure your video is perfect.
- If you’re camera shy, you can still produce videos with the help of artificial intelligence.
- Creating videos can be very time-consuming. But with Synthesia, you can easily create videos without needing to worry about filming, editing, adding subtitles, etc. You’ll save hours of your time, and you can use that time to focus on other tasks!
Best Features of Synthesia.io?
Some of the best features of Synthesia.io include:
Create Custom AI Avatars
You can create a custom avatar with your face or someone else’s. Also, you can choose your voice or someone else’s. After you have done this, your avatar will appear in your Synthesia studio.
You may use this custom AI avatar on your videos once you provide a script. The avatar will act and lip-sync according to the audio. This helps you make the videos more personalized for your brand.
You have a selection of over 60 AI avatars to choose from for your videos. These AI avatars come from several ethnicities and age groups. Most of them can speak 40 or more languages. This way, you can create a video in multiple languages for your international audience.
For instance, this is ideal for online courses. You may have students that would like to take your course, but it’s only in English. Using Synthesia, you can pass that course in Spanish, Italian, Russian, and more. As a result, you’re no longer limited to only English-speaking students.
Also, you can choose different synthetic voices for each AI avatar. Letting you create a more diverse set of videos.
You can easily produce high-quality videos in more than 60 languages and accents. This includes English (GB, AU, USA, etc.), German, Italian, French, Polish, Korean, and more.
You can create videos blazing fast by using over 50 pre-made templates. It has pre-made templates for training, sales, how-to, business, and other types of videos, and all look great! You can completely edit each one, whatever way you like.
Synthesia.io can be integrated with other tools, such as:
- Powerpoint: You can quickly turn your PowerPoint presentations into videos
- Tolstoy: You can combine Syntesia with Tolstoy to create videos for chatbots, walkthroughs, or e-learning
- Userpilot: You can use Userpilot and Syntesia to create onboarding or training videos for your product. This integration is perfect for product managers who want to create amazing videos for their users.
Synthesia Academy & Training Videos
You can find tutorials on how to make great videos on the Synthesia Academy. The Synthesis team also provides helpful video templates, tips, and tricks. For instance, some of the topics covered:
- AI avatars for learning content.
- Change slides into training videos.
- Learn how to use templates efficiently.
- And much more.
You can also watch training videos on the Syntesia YouTube channel. After watching these videos, you’ll be a video creation pro in no time!
The pricing for Synthesia.io is subscription-based, and you have two plans.
Personal Plan – $30/monthly
- You can make 10 videos a month.
- The text-to-video feature lets you easily transform the text into great-looking videos.
- You can choose from more than 60 languages and over 65 built-in avatars.
- There are also 50+ templates to help you get started, and you can add custom backgrounds and background music.
- You can record your screen with Synthesia.io.
- You can freely download high-quality MP4 from the platform.
- You may easily share and embed your video.
- And if you need more customization, you can add paid add-ons like custom avatars.
Corporate Plan – You need to contact Synthesia to discuss the pricing
- You can have up to 50 slides in a video.
- You get 10+ premium built-in avatars.
- You can use exclusive custom avatars. Great for branding purposes!
- Premium Shutterstock. Get access to over 1 million royalty-free images.
- Synthesia helps you make custom templates for your brand
- You get priority support within minutes.
- You may record voice clips and upload them to Synthesia to create AI videos.
- Your video share pages will also include your logo and company colors.
- Get access to SAML SSO support.
- Finally, your videos will look unique because you get to select custom fonts.
Which Synthesia.io Plan Should You Choose?
The $30/month plan is excellent for individuals or small companies. If you need to produce more videos a month and extra features for branding, the corporate plan might be a better fit.
Synthesia.io Pros And Cons
Now that we’ve gone over the features and pricing of Synthesia, let’s look at the pros and cons.
- The interface is straightforward to use.
- You can make videos quickly to help you grow your business more than ever.
- No video editing experience is needed.
- Wide selection of templates to help you make AI videos in minutes.
- You have many language options so that you may expand your business to other countries.
- You can create videos from PowerPoint presentations.
- Synthesia Academy provides helpful tutorials.
- It can be expensive for larger companies.
- Some of the features are only available on the corporate plan.
Now let’s take a look at some alternatives to Synthesia.io.
1) Multimedia5 (Budget AI Video Maker)
Multimedia5 is a smart video maker platform that uses artificial intelligence’s power to create videos quickly.
You can access no-copyright images, music, video clips, and more to help you create captivating videos. Multimedia5 artificial intelligence automatically summarizes articles and transforms them into impressive videos. It includes transitions and other effects too.
This helps you quickly create videos to publish on YouTube, your blog, etc.
You can also save money because it has a budget-friendly price. With the starter plan, you can make videos for as little as $5 monthly.
Multimedia5 has some disadvantages. For example, you don’t have AI avatars and voices for your videos like Synthesia.io does.
If you’re looking for a more affordable tool and don’t need such advanced features, try Multimedia5!
Click here to learn more about Multimedia5
2) Synthesys.io (Great AI Video & Voice Maker)
Synthesys.io is developing technology that can quickly turn text into videos or voiceovers. This could be used to make explainer videos or product tutorials more interesting.
You can use Synthesys.io Text-to-Speech (TTS) and Text-to-Video (TTV) technology to transform your script into a dynamic media presentation.
Synthesys.io is a great product! But for you to have the full package of being able to create AI videos and text-to-speech audios, you need the “Audio and Human Studio Synthesys.” This plan costs $59 a month.
So if you prefer a more complex option, choose Synthesys.io. Otherwise, go with the less expensive and easier-to-use Synthesia.io.
Click here to learn more about Synthesys.io
3) Animoto (Simple Video Maker)
Animoto is a cloud-based video creation platform that lets users create videos from photos, videos, and music. The app offers a wide range of features, including the ability to add text, filters, and transitions to videos.
Animoto also offers a library of licensed music to use in videos and the ability to create custom soundtracks. Videos can be shared on social media or embedded on websites.
You can create impressive videos with Animoto. However, it doesn’t come with AI avatars and voices like Synthesia.io. So, if you’re looking for a simpler solution, Animoto may be right for you!
Click here to learn more about Animoto.
Synthesia.io Personal Experience: With Synthesia Video Creator
You have an imaginable amount of work when you have a website and YouTube channel. Especially at the beginning before things take off and start making some money. Later you can hire writers and someone to edit your videos to reduce your load.
Initially, things are tough, and you still need to manage everything. You need to pump out content and videos and get links to your blog. That may be well 12 or more hours daily.
Nowadays, fortunately, we have artificial intelligence tools to help us out. For instance, one of the platforms that have helped me the most has been Jasper AI. I love that tool!
It lets me speed up the content production for my website. I no longer suffer from writer’s block or feel mentally tired from writing thousands of words daily. Instead, Jasper AI helps me write faster and better content for Jordan Alexo.
Read here if you’d like to learn more about this AI writing tool. All to say, that’s how I feel about Synthesia.io.
I’ve been producing YouTube videos since 2016. Most people can’t imagine all the work involved. Sometimes, it involves several days to produce a video and edit it.
For this reason, Synthesia is a welcome tool! It will help me more easily produce content for YouTube. Also, I like the fact I may expand my online video courses to other countries. I can easily pass them to French, Spanish, etc., using Synthesia AI voices.
So, if you want to expand your business more quickly and don’t have much money, Synthesia.io is a great solution!
Conclusion: Should You Buy Synthesia.io?
Overall, Synthesia.io is a great tool for businesses that want to produce videos more quickly and easily. The interface is easy to use, and you don’t need video editing experience.
You can make videos in minutes with the wide selection of templates available. Additionally, you have many language options so that you may expand your business to other countries. Finally, you can make your videos look unique with Synthesia custom avatars.
The only downside is some useful options only come with the corporate plan. However, if you’re looking for an easy way to create AI videos, Synthesia.io is a great option!
Now that you know everything about Synthesia.io, it’s time for you to try it out! Go ahead and create your first AI video!
Have you tried out Synthesia.io? What did you think? Let us know in the comments below!
Synthesia.io Review: FAQ
Let’s look at some frequently asked questions about Synthesia.io.
1) Is Synthesia.io free?
Not really! However, you have an option on Synthesia’s front page to “create a free AI video.” You may create one video adding your script and choosing your preferred AI avatar.
2) What’s the maximum length of your videos?
It depends on your Synthesia Studio plan. With the personal plan, you have 10 minutes of video. On the other hand, with the corporate plan, you have up to 2.5 hours of video.
3) Synthesia supports which web browsers?
The web-based platform should work on Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. However, they state that Synthesia works best on Google Chrome.
4) Can you change AI avatars’ clothing and appearance?
No, you can’t! However, you can create a custom avatar from scratch. A great way to add your or a team member’s face to your videos. Making them more brandable and captivating to your audience.
5) Does Synthesia provide a translation service?
No, they don’t! You’ll need to translate your script into the language of your choice. However, Synthesia has many AI voice language options for you to choose from.